Join us at Facebook!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Importance of Recharging Your Spirit

We are so driven to do more, see more, be more, that we can lose sight of what we have and who we are. Without taking regular time to reflect and recharge, we can quickly burn out.

Stephen Covey called this "sharpening the saw" -- if you take good care of your tools, you will get better results with them.

Recreation is important. Let's look more closely at the word itself: RE-CREATION. These activities are ones that should help you recreate yourself. They are not necessarily the ones you fill your leisure time with.

So how can you tell truly re-creational activities from not? Chances are if the activities wear you out and drag you down, they are not.

I can tell when something recharges me. I am relaxed. I can lose myself in the activity. I look forward to doing it, and I can put it down without regret.

However you find your recharging, make sure it is truly re-creational, and do it regularly.

My goal for this week is to make sure I do something that recharges me at least once a day.

Laura Earnest

No comments:

Post a Comment